CareFirst Medicare Advantage encourages all members to get an annual wellness exam once every 12 months.
The visit is offered to all Medicare members one (1) time each year at no cost. This visit must be completed during 2021 in order for you to be eligible for a reward card.
During this visit, your doctor will check on your health. The doctor will work with you to develop a care plan made just for you.
During your annual wellness exam, remember to:
• Educate yourself about the screenings you may need.
• Ask questions about your health numbers (Blood Pressure/Body Mass Index).
• Share information with your doctor about any pain you may have.
• Inform your doctor about any physical or mental changes you are experiencing.
• Engage your doctor in a talk about any over-the-counter drugs you take to check and see if they are safe to take along with any prescription medicine prescribed to you.
• Reduce the risk of falls by talking about how to prevent them.
• Discuss advance care planning with your doctor. Advance care planning is making decisions about the care you would want to receive if you become unable to speak for yourself.
Annual Wellness Visit Reward Form